The Hario V60 is a V shaped filter that is spiraled and holds cone shape filters. The Hario paper is very thin and allows the coffee to filter through quickly. We sell a kit that contains the filter holder, 100 filters and the carafe. You can use a manual grinder to grind your coffee (medium grind) and we can also grind your beans if you prefer.
Our method is as follows:
- Heat your carafe with hot water
- Pop your filter paper in the V60 filter holder and rinse with cold water (to remove any residual taste in the paper)
- We recommend 6-8g coffee/100ml depending on how strong you want it. So for a liter you would use 60g coffee.
- Empty your carafe
- Place your coffee in the filter
- Your water should be 92-96°c (we use water that has gone through a water softener or Volvic type mineral water). Don’t worry if you do not have a thermometer. Let the water boil then allow it to sit for 30-40 seconds.
- Pour your water using a swan-neck kettle (we sell stainless steel ones with a lid) to cover the grounds and allow to bloom (absorb the water) for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, pour the rest of the water continuously but away from the edges of the filter, in a circular motion.
See our Hario V60 all in one kit as well as out Hario manual burr Grinder and stainless steel swan-neck kettle. We also have useful digital timer and digital spoon scale to cover all your needs in getting the best out of your coffee.